Are you interested in becoming a member of a local Community Speed Watch Group?
If so please click here for details.
____________________________________________________________ Meetings of the Community Council:
Meetings of the Community Council are held The Edwin Hall Council Chamber, Brookes Avenue Community Centre, Broughton
Dates for meetings can be viewed on the Community Council, Meeting Agenda and Minutes page.
An invitation is extended to the Press and Members of the Public to attend.
Chair and Vice Chair of Council 2018/2019
Councillor Ros Griffiths is Chair of Broughton & Bretton Community Council for 2018/2019.
Her Vice Chair is Councillor Beth McFadden
AIRBUS MEMORY CAFE
A Dementia Cafe is a chance for people with dementia and their carers to get together socially in an informal environment. We run a range of activities aiming to keep people active whilst promoting 'living well with dementia'
For further information contact Donna Redgrave on
- The Council has replaced the Multi-Play toddler unit at Brookes Avenue Play Area and installed a mini basket swing at a cost of £17,000. The equipment was supplied by Play & Leisure Ltd, Buckley.
- Broughton and Bretton Community Council's precept for 2016/2017 is £103,000.
- Broughton and Bretton Community Council's budget for 2015/2016 is £168,266
- The Council will be sponsoring the 2016 Summer Playschemes held at Brookes Avenue Playing Fields and Broughton Junior School.
- The Council awarded the following grants during 2014/2015:-
Welsh Border Community Transport £1,433.
Broughton & Bretton Community Centre £1,250
Broughton War Memorial Institute £1,250
Citizen Advice Bureau £100
Broughton Twinning Association £500
1st Broughton Rainbows £200
Friends of Cornist (Triffordd) £200
Broughton Senior Citizens £200
Bretton Residents Action Group £100
- The Council provided a loan of £4,000 for improvements to the Broughton & Bretton Community Centre
- The Council has provided a loan of £5,000 to Airbus FC to assist the installation of a new 3G pitch.
- Mr Ryan McKeown was co-opted as a Member of the Council on 30 October 2014
- Mrs P Brett Roberts was co-opted as a Member of the Council in November 2014
- The Council has spent £10,000 to install additional items of play equipment at the Country Park ,including an Aero Whirl, a play boat and a crawl tunnel.
The Broughton Graffiti project funded by the North Wales Police and Community Trust has undertaken a project to depict Broughton today and yesteryear in exciting graffiti artform on the walls of the Broughton Hall Road underpass.
The project was co-ordinated by PCSO Jason Knowles and led by Andy Brian with assistance from many residents of the village